Refine Your Chin Profile with Belkyra
Belkyra is an innovative beauty breakthrough and first-in-class aesthetic treatment for both men and women who are bothered by fullness under the chin and wish to improve the appearance of their chin profile. Belkyra is the only Health Canada approved injectable treatment for fullness in the area under the chin. You may have heard of Belkyra, but under a different name: Kybella. This is the same product made by the same company, Allergan, but in the USA it is distributed under the name Kybella.
Link to the Belkyra page here. Link to the Kybella page here.
What causes fullness under the chin?
Fullness under the chin, sometimes referred to as “double chin,” is a common, yet under-treated, facial aesthetic concern that can impact a broad range of adults, both men and women. Causes may include: Aging, Genetics, or Weight changes.
Sometimes, no matter how much you diet or exercise, the fullness in this area may not go away – and it may make you feel like you look older and heavier than you actually are.
What is Belkyra, how does it work, and what can I expect?
The active ingredient in Belkyra is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
- It is a quick and easy treatment that can be completed in 15-20 minutes. Ice packs and a topical numbing cream will be applied prior to treatment. Clinical trial patients reported pain right after the treatment, but it decreased rapidly within 15 mins and was mild and controllable with Tylenol/acetaminophen and cool packs throughout the remainder of the day.
- Your appearance will gradually improve with each treatment session.
- Many people see visible improvements in just 2-4 treatments (a max of 6 treatments may be administered).
- Once your goals are achieved, re-treatment is not expected.
- Downtime is minimal and occurs most commonly after the first treatment. The skin feels extra loose for the first 3 days after treatment and begins to improve after that. Swelling, bruising, pain and numbness are common side effects.