We have many patients who visit our clinic for Botox Therapeutic (or Xeomin) treatments to ease the tension caused from clenching/teeth grinding. Bruxism might be something you are suffering from, but you may not have put much thought into having it treated.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Has anyone ever heard you grinding your teeth during the night?
- Do you feel your jaw is tired or sore when you wake up in the morning?
- Do you feel your teeth or gums are sore when you wake up in the morning?
- Have you ever had headache temple pain when waking up in the morning?
- Do you feel tension in your jaw even though you wear a night-guard appliance to protect your teeth?
- Are you aware of grinding your teeth during the daytime?
- Are you aware of clenching your teeth in the daytime?
If by answering the above questions, you suspect you suffer from Bruxism, then please book for a free consultation to find out if having Botox Therapeutic treatment for your masseters (clenching muscles) is right for you.
Note: Not many insurance companies cover Botox Therapeutic for TMJ/Bruxism alone, it is usually only when combined with migraines. The treatment can cost approximately $500.00, so keep that in mind for budgeting purposes.
Read more about Bruxism: Causes & Management in this medicalnewstoday article.