We have many patients who visit our clinic for Botox Therapeutic (or Xeomin) treatments to ease the tension caused from clenching your teeth or teeth grinding. Bruxism might be something you are suffering from, but you may not have put much thought into having it treated.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Has anyone ever heard you grinding your teeth during the night?
- Do you feel your jaw is tired or sore when you wake up in the morning?
- Are your teeth or gums are sore when you wake up in the morning?
- Have you ever had headache or temple pain when waking up in the morning?
- Do you notice tension in your jaw even though you wear a night-guard appliance to protect your teeth?
- Are you aware of grinding your teeth during the daytime?
- Ever notice you are clenching your teeth in the daytime?
If by answering the above questions, you suspect you suffer from Bruxism, then please book for a free consultation to find out if having Botox Therapeutic treatment for your masseters (clenching muscles) is right for you.
Note: Not many insurance companies cover Botox Therapeutic for TMJ/Bruxism alone, it is usually only approved when combined with migraine treatment and even then most companies only approve treatment after failure of 2 oral medications. The treatment can cost approximately $500.00, so keep that in mind for budgeting purposes.
Read more about Bruxism: Causes & Management in this medicalnewstoday article.