We have many patients who visit our clinic for Botox Therapeutic (or Xeomin) treatments to ease the tension caused from clenching your teeth or teeth grinding. Bruxism might be something you are suffering from, but you may not have put much thought into having it treated.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Has anyone ever heard you grinding your teeth during the night?
- Do you feel your jaw is tired or sore when you wake up in the morning?
- Do you feel your teeth or gums are sore when you wake up in the morning?
- Have you ever had headache temple pain when waking up in the morning?
- Do you feel tension in your jaw even though you wear a night-guard appliance to protect your teeth?
- Are you aware of grinding your teeth during the daytime?
- Are you aware of clenching your teeth in the daytime?
If by answering the above questions, you suspect you suffer from Bruxism, then please book for a free consultation to find out if having Botox Therapeutic treatment for your masseters (clenching muscles) is right for you.
Note: Not many insurance companies cover Botox Therapeutic for TMJ/Bruxism alone, it is usually only when combined with migraines. The treatment can cost approximately $500.00, so keep that in mind for budgeting purposes.
Read more about Bruxism: Causes & Management in this medicalnewstoday article.