What is PRP and what does it do?
PRP aids in your body’s natural repair process. PRP contains your own Growth Factors which are known to boost tissue regeneration and stimulate collagen production, leaving your skin feeling smoother, softer and hydrated.
- PRP alone is ideal for patients who are not good candidates for under eye filler (don’t have a hollowing or volume loss below the eyes), but still have that thin “crepey” skin and fine lines.
- For enhanced results PRP can be mixed with a dermal filler. Dermal fillers immediately restore volume while the PRP improves skin tone, texture and elasticity gradually over time. The cost for adding dermal filler to your PRP treatment will be discussed in your consultation.
How long is the PRP appointment?
The treatment itself will take approximately 45-60 minutes due to preparation time.
What to expect during a PRP treatment:
- First, a small amount of blood must be drawn from you. We then separate the blood cells and draw out the “liquid gold”/PRP.
- Then, depending on the treatment you choose, we can apply the PRP
- on top of the skin with your micro-needling treatment (Morpheus8), or
- inject it directly into the area (hair restoration), or
- inject it to a targeted area (under eyes, jawbone, neck lines, around the lips).
- Depending on the treatment choice, we can apply topical numbing cream to keep you comfortable.
How long do the benefits of PRP last?
The Filler portion of the treatment will last on average 4-6 months. PRP alone can require multiple treatments to reach desired results.
How many treatments are needed?
Depending on your needs, treatment counts will vary. For desired results 4- 6 treatments are recommended. Keep in mind, for facial volume loss, combining the PRP with dermal filler may reduce the amount of treatments needed.
Who is a good candidate for PRP?